Saturday 26 March 2016

Car Boot Treasure/Easter

I am thrilled to say Amie and Honey are home from the hospital, both are doing well.  Honey has cast her spell over Bertie and he is smitten with his new sister and can't do enough to help.  How long that will last remains to be seen.

Dad had a fall earlier in the week, so we are back to having community nurses in every day.  Thankfully he doing much better too and as an appetite for my homemade soup, so that is one of my jobs for this afternoon.

I did have a stroll out for a walk with Mum this morning around the car boot sale at Stickney, a very large one when you consider the weather.  Although not raining it is overcast, cold and very windy.  I have been wanting a craft/hobby lamp for awhile but was put off by the price.  I was thrilled to find one this morning and managed to buy it for £6.  I was a little wary thinking it may not work but was delighted when I got it home and it worked perfectly.


 
It has an amazing magnifying glass and blue bulb to stop reflection, the perfect addition to my craft room.
 

 
There are arm extensions for more flexibility.  A bargain and for me a real car boot treasure.  They do say that one man's rubbish is another man's treasure.
 
Wishing you all a wonderful Easter.  It wouldn't be Easter without daffodils.
 



 
I will leave you with a beautiful vintage card that I love and catch up with you all later.
 

 
Take care.
 
 
 

17 comments:

  1. What an amazing lamp you got! It almost looks like someone custom made it. Score! I'm glad your dad didn't break anything in his fall. Love your vintage card!

    ❀.•❤•.✿.•❤ Happy Easter! ❀.•❤•.✿.•❤

    ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Easter to you and congratulations on the birth of your new granddaughter.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fabulous find...a real carboot treasure. Debbie x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice lamp at a great price. I love your card and the sentiments it says. Happy Easter!
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad to hear that Amie and Honey are both doing well and are out of hospital. How frightening for your dad having a fall but glad to hear that he's on the mend. What a find, your craft lamp, I could definitely do with something like that for my cross stitch. I do have one but it's very small. I wish I could fall on a bargain like that. Wishing you and yours a happy and peaceful Easter.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great news about Amie and Honey but sorry to hear about your Dad.
    That lamp is a super bargain...I know because my craft lamp cost me £40.
    Happy Easter to you and your family-x-

    ReplyDelete
  7. So sorry to hear about your dad's fall. Beautiful Easter flowers and card. Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Glad to hear the hospital is behind and everyone is adjusting well to the new little one. Good lighting makes such a difference to handwork. Great bargain! Happy Easter to you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy Easter! That is a nice looking light for your craft room. Don't you love to find something you've been wanting like that, and at such a good price. Hope your dad is okay.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wonderful to hear Mum and new baby are home for Easter!
    Great find for your craft room and the daft are perfect!
    Blessings to you all this Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy Easter, no car boots here this weekend due to the bad weather, love the Easter Card x

    ReplyDelete
  12. That lamp sure was a bargain. Wishing you Easter Gladness right back!
    Hugs,
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  13. Good luck finding that lamp. Your Daffs are lovely... I went and bought some too. Have a Happy Easter.

    ReplyDelete
  14. First, congratulations on the beautiful new granddaughter! What a blessing!
    I was squinting trying to thread my sewing machine the other day thinking a nice strong lamp would be a good idea. Nice you found one.
    I like the daffodils, but I really was noticing your pretty Easter tablecloth! And I love vintage cards.
    Have a Happy Easter. xo Deborah

    ReplyDelete
  15. Indeed, we serve a RISEN Savior - what JOY! I hope you have a blessed Easter, my friend.

    Congratulations on the birth of your precious granddaughter. What a beautiful time for you and your family. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Welcome home to Amie and Honey Rose! I am so glad your dad did not break any bones in his fall. And I am very pleased for you that you found such a wonderful lamp at such a fantastic price. I am certain you will put it to good use. Happy Easter! xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. I hope that you'll show us photos of Honey Rose soon! I'm so happy for you.
    Amalia
    xo

    ReplyDelete