Sunday 28 February 2016

Surprise Visit

I was truly blessed yesterday with a visit from our youngest daughter and her little family.  A last minute arrangement as they were calling in on their way to visit the new arrival.  A wonderful bonus for us.  I was presented with a whole package of gifts including flowers and a wide variety of craft materials for Mothers Day which is next Sunday here in the UK.

 
It wouldn't be a visit to Granny's without some crafting been done.  We had some fun decorating some paper mache eggs and some little bird houses.  Spring is in the air...
 




 
I love spending quality time with them and chatting together as we craft.  Always such a joyous occasion and treasured memories formed to savour at a later date.  A short but very sweet visit.
 
I have finished the infinity scarves and headbands ready for the girls later in the year, a great project for taking out and about as the pattern is so simple and can be picked up and down with ease.
 


 
I have actually stitched the ends in, I must have been too previous with the camera and taken the pictures before they were finished.
 
I have also finished a cushion ready for the nursing chair for Amie, she is back out of hospital and is been visited daily by the midwife.
 


 
It was made using two shades of grey yarn and a set of vintage buttons.  Perfect for the yellow/grey/white colour scheme of the nursery.
 
A start has been made on the singer base, which is going to be turned into a new table for the craft room.
 
 
Finally I am working on a throw for the craft room to give the room a little spruce up for the Spring.
 

 
A zig zag pattern using Arran wool which is not showing the true colour, it has a wonderful fleck running though which goes beautifully with the Cath Kidston fabrics in there.  I have also made a start on labels to make it easier for others to find materials for projects but I will save that for another post.  What are you working on?
 
See you soon.
 
 
 
 
 

19 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness you have been busy! Love all the crochet makes, the headbands and scarves are lovely. Must have a go at a headband they are so sweet! The cushion is gorgeous too. The singer base will make a wonderfully original and quirky table.
    How lovely to have your family drop in for a visit, I bet they love crafting with you!
    Have a great Sunday, and thanks for visiting and leaving a comment on mine.
    Gill xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really do miss craft days with little ones. My two are too old now so I have the delight of doing this alone. I love your Singer base. I have "come across" a present for next week hidden away - a Singer sewing machine from goodness knows when - I'm presuming it's my Mother's Day present! Have a wonderful Sunday xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. How industrious you have been. Always lovely to see your grandchildren crafting with you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looked like a fun visit, the children obviously enjoyed it xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that your going to upcycle the old sewing machine base, I had a friend who did something similar but for the garden. I lived in Glasgow and often visited a friend who lived in Singer where the machines were once made.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a wonderful Grandmother you are! You've made such pretty things.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You have been so busy!!! I can't believe all you get done. Love the projects and the time spent with your little ones.
    Hugs,
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are one great grand mama and your grand kids love and enjoy being with you. Love your vintage singer base.

    ReplyDelete
  9. It looks like you had a very nice visit with your daughter's family. The girls are getting so big. I enjoyed seeing what you did with them, and also your latest crochet, which is looking lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Some lovely craft projects going on at your house. Ruby hasn't wanted to craft this weekend but I have been hand sewing a pair of boots for dolly.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm happy for you for the surprise visit and how you made crafts with the kids.. what a good gram you are! You've finished a lot of things, good for you. I have finished several things and am back to knitting on my hitchhiker scarf which is going to take forever. ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. How lovely that you got to see the family as they were passing, it looks like you all had a wonderful time together. You've got some lovely projects on the go and I do especially like that cushion, I'm sure Amie will be grateful for it when she's nursing.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Brilliant crafts with the children, how lovely to have a visit from them. The cushion is gorgeous, I know it will be very much appreciated. CJ xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. I can't wait to see your singer table!! cool! how nice to see the kids and be with them :) wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  15. So much creative fun and goodness! I'm glad you made good memories with your family, and I especially admire the pillow your made. Happy Mother's Day in advance! xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. What fun crafting with your lovely grandchildren.
    I had to smile when I saw the ad on the newspaper under the Singer sewing machine.... the one that says GO POTTY.

    ReplyDelete
  17. You're on fire! What a fun visit and lovely crochet projects. I especially like the cushion with the frilly finish.
    Amalia
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a delightful visit! And oh my, you have been busy! The pillow cover is stunning, my friend.

    Wishing you a joyous week. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete