Wednesday 12 November 2014

Yarn Along

I have been so busy with my daughters wedding and preparing gifts for Christmas that I thought I hadn't done a lot of crochet so I surprised myself when I looked at the last photo how much I had done.  I am hoping to get on with the throw now that things have started to calm down.


I have just had my Simply Crochet magazine delivered, a subscription gift from my daughter.  We call it the gift that keeps on giving as I get a gift monthly.  I intend to put my feet up and browse through it this evening.  I also have  the delight of a new book, new to me anyway a purchase from the local car boot sale Geisha of Gion by Mineko Iwaski.  The true story of Japan's foremost Geisha.  That should be an interesting read.

I am once again joining Ginny over at small things for the yarn along.gsheller.com/2014/11/yarn-along-202.  What are you creating and reading?
 
See you soon.
 

19 comments:

  1. Love the blue of that throw. I will have to look for that book. I agree, it sounds interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your throw is going to be so beautiful when it's complete - I love the color that you are using.

    Lets see, I am reading 'Buttermilk Sky' and I have been working on some Christmas ornaments :) Happy Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A beautiful blue for your throw, and you have been busy. .I've not heard of you book and will be interested to hear what you think of it.

    luv
    irene
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Adore the blue of your throw, that will be so fun to wrap up in!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your throw will look great when it's finished. My copy came yesterday I particularly like the red scarf though it might be beyond my capabilities at present. I have a cardigan & a pair of wrist warmers in my basket waiting for my attention.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That throw is gorgeous! I love the blue!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful throw! The blue is such a pretty shade!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Crochet is looking lovely! the new book looks interesting. My simply crochet magazine came yesterday I'm looking forward to having a read later on :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am getting a little giddy thinking of knitting for me instead of someone else these days. Soon I will be. Glad you are able to focus on a different project.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a beautiful colour of yarn, love it!

    Helenxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love getting craft magazines each month. It is always a treat. I love the yarn in your throw. What a pretty pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  12. My magazine was delivered yesterday - I'm not sure I shall get the chance before the weekend to look through it - but I always like spending an hour or so with a magazine with a cup of tea and a biscuit. :) x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely color you use...and the pattern !
    Enjoy your readings...
    Hug
    Anna

    ReplyDelete
  14. No times for reading, but my knitting is busy!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your crochet is looking wonderful, enjoy your new magazine.
    Hugs,
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  16. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Another bunny is on my knitting needles and in my stack of reading Merry Hall by Beverly Nichols is near the top :) Do you have more than one book going at a time? I seem to hippity hop from one book to another these days! Happy crocheting and reading xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. I am glad that you are taking some time for yourself after all that you have been making for other people recently! I hope that you have a lovely weekend of crafting and reading. xx

    ReplyDelete