Wednesday 8 October 2014

Yarn Along

I am still plodding along slowly with the cushions, they now need to be crocheted together.  I am quite pleased with the overall effect and the colours.  There is enough to give it some texture and warmth, ideal for the season.


I am still struggling with the same book About Grace, sheer determination rather than interest is sustaining me.  Not a book that I would recommend, but I will not give up now.
I am also browsing Christmas books which are giving me an enormous  amount of pleasure, making lots of lists for recipes to try and a variety of patterns on the to make list. 
All in all a very pleasant start to the month of October despite the change in weather, breezy and wet.  The stove is burning brightly with a stew simmering nicely on the top, what more could I want?
 
I am once again joining Ginny at Small Things for the yarn along, to see what everyone else has on their needles/hooks and what they are reading.  www.gsheller.com/2014/10/yarn-along-197
 
See you soon.
 

15 comments:

  1. Your cushions are going to be very pretty and the Christmas books look like fun reading. I enjoy trying new recipes too. Take care, Heather

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your cushions are coming along wonderfully a nice 'lift me up' for Winter. Aw your book didn't get any better then, hope it has a memorable ending at least.
    Do you remember years ago when Delia did the TV series for her Christmas bakes? My boy was a baby so it was a while. I loved that series, ha you did spark a memory, thank you.
    Helen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your cushions are going to be lovely when they are finished. I must admit to piling up my Christmas books after your last post & having a good look through.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have a nice day Mama !
    Lucie xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like good progress on your cushions! They are going to be so nice... love the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your cushions are coming along beautifully. I love the colours of your granny squares especially the stunning green.

    Sitting beside your stove makes me so envious.

    luv
    irene
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I don't think I'm ready for thinking about Christmas, I'm only just getting used to the idea that the weather has changed and it really is Autumn! x

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the cheerful little squares you are making. Stew on top of the stove sounds wonderfully cozy.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your squares are really pretty! Your cushions will be super nice!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your cushions are going to be great I really like the stripe on lovely choice of colours.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I like your cushions, they have a sort of gingham look to them which I think is very pretty! Shame that you are not enjoying your book so much, but it sounds as if looking at recipe books is providing you with more interest which is good! xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. I don't think about Christmas. I'm still with the colors of autumn !!! I love so much these colors ..... I like your vintage books... I have some too ... Take care and have a lovely day !

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love your cushions, especially the striped one. It looks very fresh and sort of beachy.

    ReplyDelete
  14. gorgeous cushions! they will look so lovely once they are crocheted together :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your cushions are coming along great! I like the striped one especially.
    Marianne x

    ReplyDelete