Monday 20 October 2014

Wedding Update

The weather yesterday was quite bright so I could have gone out for a stroll or into the garden, but for some reason I felt that I wanted to tie up all the loose ends of the wedding.  I therefore spent the afternoon pottering around in the craft room putting the finishing touches to projects and packing everything up ready for the big day.

The bike needed the handles finishing off so that was job number one.


Bound with natural twine and fancied up a little to give the perfect finish.
 
The brooch pins were stitched onto the crochet buttons holes for the little boys and elastic threaded onto the bow ties which were redone as we had a change of heart with regard to the colour.


Little jobs that are now finished so that everything is ready to go.  To that end I also  started to pack things up so they could be transported to the venue easily.



The confetti cones are the only thing left to do and so there is no pressure near the time I intend to get them done this week.  We are ready....
 
How did you spend your Sunday?
 
See you soon.

19 comments:

  1. Bonjour Mama. You did so much for the wedding! I love your brooch pins. Gorgeous!
    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everething is beautiful, original and unique !!! Time really well spent !
    Have a great week !
    Anna
    ps I spend my Sunday brooming leaves...

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow, this is really amazing. Everything looks so beautiful. I am looking forward to seeing pictures of the wedding.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so impressed with all our hard work and darling little touches. What a fun wedding this is going to be. ENJOY it all. Hugs...Linda

    ReplyDelete
  5. Impressive work !!!! so now I hope you'll enjoy it !! Have a wonderful week !

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVE the bike, beautiful with the sign too and basket holder at the front-oh and the colour of the paintwork. It is all coming together now and not long before the big day. Are you emotionally ready or not had time to think about it just yet?
    Best wishes
    Helen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I am my daughter hasn't lived at home since leaving home for university several years ago so its a natural progression. We have made a box for the front of the bike which will be filled with flowers.

      Delete
  7. You have created so many treasures to help celebrate the wedding, Mama! And your organization is impressive and inspiring, too. After getting home from church yesterday, I flung open my front door to let the sun and fresh air in and enjoyed spending some time catching up on friend's news and gearing up to finish knitting my youngest grandson's bunny at his request :-) xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. you are so talented and imaginative x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Can't wait to see some wedding pics!

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's brilliant to get all the little jobs finished, so that you have no pressure nearer to the big day. I can't wait to see the pictures.

    luv
    irene
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. lovely update, we spent our Sunday driving home most of the day after a weekend in Boston visiting our son :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh wow!!!! You really are the most amazing Mum to do all of this work. It will be the most beautiful wedding which will, I hope, be the most beautiful start to the most beautiful marriage!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh my goodness I love the bike, it's fantastic!
    Marianne x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Busy, busy! I love all of your creations but the bike is especially creative and cute!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi! Wow, I can't believe all the things you are making for this wedding! Totally love your little crochet brooches, so cute!
    Love,
    Ingrid xx
    http://myfunkycrochet.blogspot.be

    ReplyDelete
  16. I get so excited thinking about all of your work coming together to make your daughter's wedding day extra special. I can't begin to imagine how you all must feel!!! : )

    ~ Wendy
    http://Crickleberrycottage.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  17. Gorgeous!! I know the whole wedding will be beautiful!

    Blessings,
    Amy Jo

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh my goodness! Everything looks so pretty - I love pretty :) I think your daughter is going to have a very beautiful wedding.

    ReplyDelete