Thursday 23 October 2014

Vintage Pattern

For some reason I haven't done my weekly vintage pattern post for a couple of weeks I don't know why.  This weeks vintage pattern I want to share with you is a charted needlework designs pattern featuring over 100 motifs for needlepoint-cross stitch-rugs-knitting-afghan crochet.  They were created by Laura Conley and published by Leisure Arts in 1975 in the USA.  I actually bought it from a thrift store in Winter Park Florida whilst there on holiday at a cost of 20 cents.  A real bargain.  I love the leaflet it encompasses so many things that I love.  One of these day when I am not so busy with the wedding and Christmas this leaflet will be used.  I do wonder who has used it before me and how many things have been made with love using the same pattern.









A wonderful pattern, for some reason reminds me of the season Autumn in all is glory and of course HOME what better place to be.  The pattern is flexible so that you can choose your own placement of the design or group of designs.  It suggests that the patterns can be worked into knitting that I must admit I would love to see.
 
Hope you have enjoyed this pattern as much as I have.
 
See you soon.

15 comments:

  1. These patterns are probably my most favorite of all you've posted!! I love the colors and the soldier is adorable!! I would love to learn how to do needlework. I think I might take a ride to our local crafting store and see what I can find. With winter ahead, it would be a great thing to have to keep my hands busy!! : ) xoxo

    ~ Wendy
    http://Crickleberrycottage.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very neat, I especially like the farmer and his wife with all that goes along with them and the ones that have a Scandinavian feel to them (home is where the heart is). Happy stitching and have a great day. Heather

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the little row of houses, isn't it interesting how the patterns speak to us and in different ways, each of us so far has picked different motif.
    A bargain indeed.
    Helen

    ReplyDelete
  4. I especially like the four seasons trees - beautiful!

    Helenxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely vintage patterns that can be used in different ways : knitting, crocheting and embroidery. Thanks for sharing your treasure ... have a creative day !

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looking at your beautiful Vintage needlecraft book brings back so many memories of when I used to crossstiitch. I think I have quite a collection from around that time in the loft. I love the four seasons trees.

    I hope you are well on with your parcel Christmas toppers.

    luv
    irene
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really like those patterns. They have a Pennsylvania Dutch (Amish) kind of feel, to me.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Lorraine! How wonderful to have this! Such a treasure, just to look at the illustrations can give so much pleasure, really lovely! :)
    Ingrid xx
    http://myfunkycrochet.blogspot.be

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such pretty patterns. I'm zero at needle work but I do admire them a lot....:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Some nice motifs there. Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely patterns ! The colors are very 70's but changing colors may be the solution to be more contemporary...
    Have a great weekend !
    Anna

    ReplyDelete
  12. This brings back memories. I used to cross stitch, and I remember patterns like these. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  13. What lovely patterns, especially the Pennsylvania-Dutch ones. Thanks for blogging about this.

    ReplyDelete
  14. There is an award for you on my blog !
    Anna

    ReplyDelete
  15. Such lovely patterns it would be difficult to choose a favourite; thank you for sharing them with us. Also thank you so much for your sweet message on mine on my return to blogland! Joy x

    ReplyDelete