Wednesday 21 May 2014

Yarn Along

I have had quite a busy week, with family visiting at the weekend and crafting in preparation for the next craft fair.  I actually didn't think I had done a lot of crochet, until I checked back on last weeks photo.
Thank you so much for all your wonderful suggestions of places to visit and stay when I go to Florida.  We have had a slight hiccup with my parents passports, they don' have 6 months left on them.  Consequently they have been sent off for renewal and we are just waiting it out, waiting for them to come back.  Once they are back we can then go forward and book the holiday.
 
I have actually done more crochet than I had thought...

 
A few more rows, some form of border and then it will be finished.  All ready for the new arrival. 
 
I have been browsing Cath Kidston craft books for some inspiration, looking for some ideas for little gifts for my daughters when they visit.

 
I have also gone back to reading Kerosene by Chris Wooding, a book I started a few weeks ago but was so busy didn't really get into it.  It is a raw, emotional read and deserves more time than I have at the moment.
 
I am once again joining in with
 
 Ginny over at Small Things.  What are you creating?  Looking forward to seeing what is on your needles/hooks...
 
See you soon.

15 comments:

  1. the crochet blanket is beautiful - that stitch looks very time consuming. Do you have a little grandchild on the way? I so look forward to that time - all the knitting I'll be able to do for them :-) Looked up your book - it sounds soooo intense. Hope you find just the right projects for your girls - Cath Kidston is very inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your progress is amazing well done! I love the look of your blanket :)
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. lovely project and don't you hate those hiccups in life? I hope the renewal phase is quick and painless!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful stitch and a lovely color! It will be gorgeous once it is all done.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You certainly had great progress on your blanket. I love the stitch. I love to sit down and pour over craft books looking for new projects. Enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the stitch on your blanket and the colour is soo peaceful!. Thanks for heads up on Kerosene - will add to my read list.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a sweet little blanket, I like the stitch pattern you're using

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your little blanket is so pretty. I am busy making a baby cardigan at the moment.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my goodness, those books look wonderful! I wonder if they are available here... xo

    ReplyDelete
  10. The blanket reminds me of the one I made for my daughter many years ago. It looks so cozy.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I really like that crochet stitch; so simple, but very effective. It's beautiful x

    ReplyDelete
  12. It looks as though you are a faster crocheter than you thought! Your blanket is looking great. xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the crochet, and all those Kath Kidson books!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your blanket is gorgeous, such a lovely colour! Mel x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thank you for your comments on my blog.
    I saw so much pretty projects on your blog, it is beautiful inspiration for me.

    ReplyDelete