Monday 28 April 2014

Wedding Update

I had a stall at my local village hall yesterday.  It was nice to catch up with people I hadn't seen in a while.  The foot fall was once again quite slow, but I did reasonably well in the end certainly a lot better than some who didn't even cover costs.  I did manage to secure quite the list of commission work.  I was also approached to display my work in a new Arts and Crafts Centre which was quite the compliment.  It is always nice to have your work admired and appreciated by fellow crafters.

My new edition of Simply Crochet arrived on Saturday but I didn't get chance to read it until last night.  I was fascinated when I reached page 76 and read the article Crocheted by Heart, a crochet wedding.



 
It was interesting to read someone else's  take on crochet as a personal touch.  I am not sure that I agree that craft elements of a wedding save money.  I am still spending a minimum of an hour a day on the crochet elements and it is still going very well.  The wedding invitations have gone out and already a lot of people have replied.  The band has now been booked, the suits are still outstanding and some of the minor details such as shoes.  On the whole it is going very well.  The happy couple go to the venue next month for a tasting to decide on the food.  Time is just flying  by so it will be here before we know it.



 
The vintage suitcases are to be used for the seating plan and the cards, I managed to find some vintage fabric with tiny flowers on the same colours as the yarn so it is looking good.  I am in the process of making the bags for the bridesmaids.  I also managed to get vintage hankies to pop in them, so I am pleased with that.  The perfect gifts to be given to them at a Victorian afternoon tea.





 
I am dreaming of the perfect day for my beautiful daughter and working hard to give her the day of her dreams.  What are your plans for the day?
 

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful flowers !!! A garden in your house...
    I hope your dreams will come true...for your daughter too !
    Have a great week !
    Anna

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks as though everything is beautiful, I hope that it is a wonderful day! I'm not sure that making things yourself is cheaper, but, it is cheaper than buying handmade things from someone else and makes everything a lot more individual, so that is where the bonus is I think! Hope that you have a good week. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your makes are absolutely beautiful and I'm sure it will be the perfect day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the bouquet and suit cases... Wedding time is so wonderful!

    Blessings,
    Amy Jo

    ReplyDelete