Thursday 17 April 2014

Knifty Knitter and Weave-It Unite

Thank you so much for all your wonderful comments and a very warm welcome to the new followers, I wish you could pull up a chair, share a pot of tea and a slice of cake.  Instead I will share with you another very quick and easy make.  This time magnets to display my grandchildrens art work.

It started with buying this from a thrift shop whilst on holiday in Florida.

 
I had never come across these looms before so I must admit I was rather intrigued.  It was worth the $3 paid for the novelty.  Cut a rather long and boring story short, I used natural twine (jute) and made the flower using the round loom.


 
I added a wooden tag, so that I could stencil each child's name on and using a hot glue gun glued on a clothes peg to keep all the art work together.  All it needs now is a magnet glued to the peg and it will be perfect on the fridge.
 
In a very similar vain, I thought I would share this delightful find from Renningers, Mount Dora from a couple of holidays ago.  A steal at $5 and a real pleasure to add it to my craft room collection.




It suggests using the weave-it to make dishcloths, that really made me smile.  I remember having something similar as a child but it was made from plastic.  Any ideas on age?
 
Hope you have a wonderful day.
 

6 comments:

  1. What great finds!! I think those adorable jute flowers would make wonderful bows for the top of gifts and the addition of the wooden tag is perfect!!! I love when people use natural colors for gift wrapping. So simple yet so pretty!! Have a happy Thursday!!!! xoxo

    ~ Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've seen rounds but never squares !
    Have fun making more beautiful flowers !
    Happy Easter !
    Anna

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the little flower you made. So many possibilities. I have a loom very similar to your Weave It! Mine ends up being hexagonal.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What wonderful buys, I could see myself spending a few hours making flowers and weaving sheer bliss
    Happy Easter

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such great finds! I love your jute flowers and think you're probably going to have all kinds of fun with these new toys!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You've got some great bargains. I think you'll really enjoy using the knit loom. You can a lot of neat things with it. Enjoy!
    Beca

    ReplyDelete