Thursday 28 November 2013

Mount Dora Extravaganza



I have spent the last couple of days in the craft room working on a commissioned order, so I thought I would take a short break and reflect on my recent holiday.  These photos are of the Rennigers Antique Extravaganza at Mount Dora.  It is truly a site to behold with each stall holding as much treasure as the next and going on for what seemed like miles.  It was difficult to stay focused, I wanted everything I saw.  In the end I bought vintage patterns ( 2 of which are wedding dresses), vintage buttons, a 1935 embroidery book, vintage shoe trees which I intend to use for my daughters wedding next year,  ribbons and material and my wonderful husband treated me to a handmade quilt sign which has taken pride of place in my craft room.  I will give you a sneak peek into the craft room in a later post.  I also bought from my friend Jone on the Street of shops a vintage rolling pin and gingerman cookie cutter for my kitchen which at the moment is a work in progress.  Back to work......

1 comment:

  1. Aaah I love Mt Dora.....I visited an art exhibition with my Mother a few years ago...and still think about a stunning picture I did not buy!!
    I have read all your nov/dec posts too, you have the start of a beautiful blog...I am now off to look at mama's mercantile...I am loving those vintage large bobbins...bestest wishes to you at this festive time of year...happy holidays
    Daisy.
    ps thanks for visiting my blog too...x

    ReplyDelete